What are cookies
Cookies are small text files that are stored by the computer when a website is visited by the user. They memorize information which the website is able to read when it is revisited. Some of these cookies are necessary to ensure the proper functioning of the website while others are useful for visitors because they can safely memorize user name or language settings. The advantage of having cookies installed in your computer is that you will no longer need to complete the same information each time you want to access a website that you have already visited. Cookies are also used to collect information about the website that has been visited and how it is used by the website visitors. They are also used to optimize the use and functionality of the website and to improve the services offered.
Cookies help us to provide better services. Some are strictly necessary for the functionality of our website, while others optimize its performance and improve user experience.
Strictly necessary cookies are used to:
- Store your access data;
- Store the list of your Preferences (My Favorites);
Functionality cookies are used to:
- Offer you safe navigation after you access the website;
- Guarantee the functionality of the website;
Performance cookies are used to:
- Optimize the performance of our website by making it faster to upload the pages you are visiting;
- Offer a better user experience;
“Third Party” cookies:
They are sent by other domains and can contain ads or pictures which are incorporated in the page.
When visiting our website you may receive cookies either from our website or from other websites (“Third Party”). One example is “social plugins” for social networks which are parts of the visited page that are directly generated by the abovementioned sites and integrated into the host site page. “Social plugins” are mainly used for content sharing on social networks.
How cookies are used
- They allow a service to recognize your computer so that you do not need to repeat the same information several times;
- They recognize that you have already given a user name and password so that you do not need to do this again for every web page accessed;
- They calculate how many people are using the services, so that they can be made easier and faster to use;
- They analyze data to help us understand how we can improve our services;
Cookie Management Options
For an overview of the actions to be taken in the most common web browsers, visit this website:
Advertising companies also make it possible to opt out of receiving targeted advertising, if you choose to do so. This does not keep cookies from being set, but it does stop the collection and use of some data by these companies.
For further information and opt-out options, visit this website: